The heat of the summer is easy to forget from year to year. Sure, it gets hot in the summertime, but has it always been THIS hot?! The short answer? Yes. But don’t get discouraged. Summer comes only once a year, and the heat is only one part of the season. Don’t let it deter you from making memories and having a great time in the brief three months that it’s here!
Cooling Down The Summertime
Keeping cool constitutes more than AC replacement in Tampa. There are plenty of ways to keep yourself and your family comfortable while having fun in the meantime!
- Almost nothing will get your kids more excited than taking them to a water park. Enjoy a day of sliding, swimming, and playing that the whole family can enjoy! Don’t forget to pack practical items with you like sunscreen and bottled water.
- Remember Slip and Slides? You can buy the pre-assembled ones in toy stores, but they’re easy enough to make on your own. All it takes is a tarp and some items that you already have around the house. It’s cheap entertainment, but it keeps everyone occupied for hours on end!
- Popsicles and Otter Pops are summertime staples. Keep some in the freezer for hot, grouchy kids, or make them yourself by freezing fruit juice in molds.
The long days and nights are perfect for vacations. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to make great holiday memories with your family. Staycations are increasing in popularity and give you an excuse to see more of your local area.
- How can you let a summer go by without going on a camping trip? Find the closest campsite or national park and pitch your tent! Spend a few days enjoying all that Mother Nature has to offer you. Don’t forget about bug spray; mosquitos and ticks like it when you go camping too!
- Take a road trip to someplace that you’ve always wanted to go. It might be a city away or it might be a couple of states away but make it a point to get into the car and see the sights. Beef jerky and Chips Ahoy are always good road trip snacks.
- For a more intimate getaway, take your partner to a hotel downtown and spend a few days being local tourists. See the sights that you have somehow failed to see since you’ve lived here and reconnect as a couple.
Enjoy the very limited time that you have this summer. Make great memories and reconnect with your family to make this one the best summer you’ve ever had.